Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Waaaaaaall-E!" "Eve." "Eeeeve-a!"

“Directive!”


I had actually thought about making an Eve when the movie Wall-e came out, and didn’t think that coming up with a pattern would be too difficult. I was right, but someone beat me to it (since, again, I procrastinated), so I figured why not use theirs? Saves me time. I had wanted to make something to hang from the rearview mirror of my car. I used to have a dragon with little chimes, but when my Jeep went caput, that was one of the things my parents didn’t recover from it. Eve kind of matches my car (I used off white because white-white just didn’t look right to me), but she turned out far larger than I would have probably made her. I also didn’t pay attention to which hook I used, just did a “this looks about right” grab. I am no expert at embroidering, although you can argue that cross stitching is a type of embroidery. However, I can testify that cross stitching has very little in common with other types of embroidery. Proficiency in one does not translate to the other! But I think I did fairly well on her eyes for a beginner. I managed to make Eve in about 2 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with the exception of embroidering the eyes, because I didn’t have enough light available to me at the time.

If you are interested in making your own, here is the link to the pattern, as requested by the creator: http://sukigirl74.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-crochet-eve-from-wall-e.html.
Most of the patterns that I have used for crocheting come from the website http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/. I have found so many fascinating things on there, and all of them completely free!

1 comment: